Registered Nursing training in Wyoming is a specialized two or four year degree program which is a combination of liberal arts and sciences. These programs help an individual in understanding his duties in the medical industry. The training generates graduates which serve as registered nurses in different clinical settings.
Details of RN Programs in Wyoming
The Wyoming Board of nursing holds the authority of approving different RN Programs in the state. The approved programs can be pursed as:
- Associate degree in nursing : A two year program accredited by National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing :A four year program accredited by Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education ( CCNE)
An individual with a high school diploma (or GED) and a minimum grade in pre nursing subjects can apply for admission in a state approved school. A GPA above 2.0 and ACT/SAT/NET scores can also be beneficial in getting admission. In addition to this a candidate might be required to go through background checks and entrance tests prior to admission.
Online RN Programs in Wyoming
Besides Regular or Campus based RN Programs some online programs are also approved by the state board of nursing. These programs are designed for those people who can not afford time for regular day classes. Professionals and rural community’s people find these programs very useful.
The concluding step to become a registered nurse is passing National Council of Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN).One can not practice as a registered nurse in the state without a license which is awarded after successfully qualifying this exam. For being employed as a registered nurse in any hospital one needs a license, so if a candidate is not able to make it in the first attempt then he should re-take the exam. For safe professional career a registered nurse should renew their license in every two years.
Efforts for appearing in the exam
The most important pre-requisite for appearing in the exam is completion of RN training from any state approved school. For receiving Authorization to test one has to put the following efforts:
- Submit $130 and $ 60 as application fees and criminal background check fees to Wyoming State Board of Nursing.
- Deposit $ 200 as examination fees to Pearson VUE.
RN Schools in Wyoming
A list of some of the approved programs of the state:
Approved ADN Programs in Wyoming:
- Casper College – Casper
- Central Wyoming College – Riverton
- Laramie Country Community College – Cheyenne
- Northern Wyoming Community College District – Gillette, Sheridan
- Northwest College – Powell
- Western Wyoming Community College – Rock Springs
Approved BSN Programs in Wyoming:
- University of Wyoming – Laramie
No related posts.